Master of Science Interior Design
Florida State University. April 2012.
Bachelor of Science Business Administration
The University of Central Florida. December 2006.
Institute of Classical Architecture & Art, Summer Intensive.
New York, NY - Summer 2012.
Parsons, The New School for Design, Continuing Education.
New York, NY - Spring 2012.
FSU Florence Study Center, Study Abroad.
Florence, Italy - Summer 2011.
Ringling Historic Preservation Summer Intensive.
Sarasota, Florida - July 2010.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Skills: Project management, problem solving, idea generation, product research, conceptual sketching, presentation design, space planning, construction documents, FF&E selection, 3d modeling, hand rendering, purchasing, floral design, graphic design, product styling.
Programs: SketchUP, Photoshop, InDesign, InCopy, WordPress, AutoCAD. Experience with Illustrator, 3ds Max, and Revit
Tamara Mack Design, Staging Project Coordinator
San Francisco, CA 07/14 – 08/14
- Planned and supervised weekly staging project installs and move-outs for high-end Bay Area properties.
- Managed multiple property timelines, coordinated with sub-contractors, and oversaw staging inventory at warehouse.
- Interviewed, trained, and supervised team of staging interns.
- Site measurements, exterior paint selection, sourcing of textiles and art for projects, and graphic design for e-commerce site.
Southern Living Magazine, Homes Dept. Fellow
Birmingham, AL 07/13– 06/14
- Corresponded with designers, architects, manufacturers, and retailers to create monthly ‘Love it - Get it’ source guide.
- Produced product stories, extensive research of building materials, furniture, fabric, and home accessories.
- Styled products on photo shoots and propped sets for video shoots.
- Created content for blog posts, graphic design of marketing materials.
- Attended 12th Annual Editors Tour of the International Casual Furniture Market and 2014 Southern Living Custom Builder Conference.
Koncept Design Studio, Interior Designer
Atlanta, GA 10/12 -07/13
- Space planning, FF&E selection, construction documents, and finish schedules for Multi-Family design projects.
- Perspective sketches, computer renderings, materials boards, and digital presentations.
- Project estimates, purchasing, tracking, coordination with receiving warehouse, project installation.
- Organization of sample library, product research, and vendor management.
Country Living Magazine, Style Dept / Show House Intern
New York, NY 1/12 - 6/12
- Assisted project manager, Deputy Style Director, designers, and PR/marketing team with 2012 show house.
- Created project binders, managed furniture, plumbing, and paint schedules.
- Coordinated with vendors/sponsors, procured edit trades, complied source guide.
- Worked closely with receiving warehouse, managed deliveries, and inspected inventory. On site for project install.
- Product research for ‘Fresh Picks’ and ‘Shop Guide’ columns.
Bass & Bass Ltd. Interior Design, Design and Appraisal Assistant
Tallahassee, FL 1/11 - 12/11
- Documented and inventoried client estates including many historic plantation homes.
- Researched and art, antiques, personal property, and memorabilia for insurance and estate appraisals.
- Photographed and listed client silver and antique coins for online auction.
RV Daniels Elementary, First Grade Teacher
Jacksonville, FL 8/07 - 7/09
- Provided differentiated instruction in English, Math, Science, Writing, and Social Studies.
- Created standards based lesson plans, learning centers, and bulletin boards.
- Administered assessments to determine individual needs of students.
- Chaperoned field trips, tutored, painted props/sets for school plays.
State of Hawaii Land Use Commission, Urban Planning Intern
Honolulu, HI 01/ 2007
- Assisted in set up and staffing for Commission meetings in Honolulu and Maui counties and a community forum on rural development issues
- Attended a workshop on the preparation of environmental impact statements.
- Converted archival files into a web based format.
Soren Tea Marketing and Social Media Intern, Atlanta GA - 2012/2013
Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles Christmas House, Atlanta, GA - 2012
ASID Chapter President FSU, Tallahassee, FL - 2010 / 2011.
Miguel Angel Austorias Academy, Xela, Guatemala - 2010.
Memberships: Allied ASID, Associate IIDA, Associate Member NEWH, USGBC Emerging Professional, WithIt, The Devenish Group.
Trade shows: HD Expo, High Point Market, NYIGF, Coverings, ICFA, SL Custom Home Builders Conference.
Qualities: Proactive, business-minded, inquisitive, collaborative, sunny disposition.